Friday, September 7, 2018

Dave Chappelle - The Crown King of Comedy

Dave Chappelle isn't just funny, he's the funniest man in the world. His observations on American culture are infused with wit so sharp it wouldn't get past the TSA. Sometimes you'll start laughing before you even realize what was so funny. Your brain reacts to the truth before the joke even hits you. He deconstructs the media and race relations so shrewdly at times you'll forget you're at a comedy show and think you're at a lecture.
Image result for dave chappelle austin city limits

He's less a modern day Richard Pryor and more a vulgar Socrates. Being a fan of Mr. Chappelle since the age of ten has informed my writing style. But not just my writing, the way I look at the country I live in.
In this chaotic political landscape, one often finds himself reflecting on his place in society. Pondering and extrapolating society's norms. And Dave pulls this off like a f#$%ing surgeon.

Hopefully one day I'll make someone laugh just once as hard as Mr. Chappelle has ever made me laugh. But until then I'm one devout follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment